View Single Post
Old 04-02-2014, 06:11 PM   #37
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Namekuseijin View Post
DLNA is a hog. much too slow, sadly. Some movies stream stuttering over it

never worked quite right...
YMMV.
Mine does.
(The server software matters.)

Using my TV client, only Mpeg4 is reliably smooth, even over a wired connection--using the XBox, all the supported formats work over wifi. But with the WD TV Live, *everything* streams beautifully over wifi. I'm converting my DVDs to iso format because of it (mpeg2 SD upscales nicely that way).

Anyway, DLNA works beautifully for audio regardless of format and I'm not about to upload my 600 CDs to Amazon's cloud and pay rent when my NAS server has all the space I need for free.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote