View Single Post
Old 12-18-2013, 10:44 PM   #1
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
changes in ebook checkout policy at the Philadelphia Free Library, effective Dec 17

The Philadelphia Free Library, which I believe many folks in MR pay the non-resident yearly fee to be able to use, has just changed its e-book checkout policies, per this blog post from Dec 17.

Of importance to many will likely be the reduction in titles you can have checked out at one time from 10 to 6. The "shortly" referred to in the blog post has already happened. When I logged in to check out a book just now, Dec 18, my limit already shows as 6.

Quote:
EBook Loan Changes
By Anne L.
Tue, December 17, 2013

We are delighted that OverDrive ebook circulation continues to grow -- a 33% increase in use over this same time a year ago-- and we anticipate continued growth. This great increase comes at a time when the Free Library's materials budget is flat and some popular ebook titles have long waits. To ensure everyone has more access we will be changing two aspects of our Overdrive ebook policy shortly:

The loan period will now be 14 days for all OverDrive formats. If there are no holds on your item, you can renew it (or put a hold on it); and you can still return items before they are due.

The number of OverDrive items that can be checked out at the same time will be six (6).

We hope this makes it possible for more customers to have access to ebooks.

Thank you for being a valued customer of the Free Library of Philadelphia.
link: http://libwww.freelibrary.org/blog/i...fm?postid=1893
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote