View Single Post
Old 12-10-2013, 06:33 PM   #35
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by ittiandro View Post
Do I understand correctly that to solve my problem ( controlling the fonts of the EPUB converted books) I need:

1. To use an OCR software to convert the PDF book into HTML foirmat.
2. Once this is done, I'll be able to edit the HTML text by changing the font and other desired parameters to be incorporated in the final EPUB conversion.

3. Reconverting the edited HTML text to its final EPUB format, which will hopefully reflect the editing done at the OCR stage.

It sounds very laborious, also considering that I have quite a few books, but I'll give it a try as soon I am sure I am going in the right direction, because I am totally new to all these OCR niceties. Do you suggest a particular OCR software?

Thank you for your help and comments

Ittiandro
If you had not guessed, PDF (anyway) is a pain.

Not all PDF is images. Open the Pdf normally. Select some text. Click Copy.
(paste it into a New Notepad file as a final test.

Success! You have a convertible document (without OCR) candidate.

No, you have an image that will need to be OCR'd
OR
consider getting a large format tablet that will show PDF to avoid the pain for those documents.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote