View Single Post
Old 11-03-2013, 04:08 PM   #2050
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleyx View Post
While you're into text formatting, would it be possible to include an automatic "Remove spacing between paragraphs/sets an indent on paragraphs of 1.5em", the way an epub->epub conversion would do? I'm trying to remember to reconvert after each update, but I'm easily distracted.
Assuming you haven't already tweaked your custom CSS, add this to your personal.ini in the [defaults] section:
Code:
add_to_output_css:
 p {
    margin: 0;
    text-indent: 1.5em;
 }
Note that there's at least one space at the beginning of each line to be included in add_to_custom_css. If you have tweaked your CSS, I trust you can figure out how to add it yourself. That, with replace_br_with_p:true should do what you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleyx View Post
Polishing the book after all this would also be nice. I do it to update the cover generated by GC, since for some reason the "Update EPUB Cover" doesn't seem to work here. Does it also use the Polish feature, the way "Smarten punctuation" seems to do? If so I must do something wrong somewhere.
The tool tip on the 'Update EPUB Cover' option says "Update book cover image from site or defaults (if found) inside the EPUB when EPUB is updated." Which is what the option does--GC covers don't come from the site or defaults. That option was added for the people who didn't want the site covers to overwrite they custom covers. (FFDL's cover feature predates Polish Book by a couple years.)

Right now the Smarten Punc part is done in the FFDL background job. Calling Polish Book in general would require something different. I'll invest, but no promises.