View Single Post
Old 10-07-2008, 06:51 AM   #18
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
I finally deleted Stanza last night. It is just sloooooow as anything. It took 25 secodns for a book to load, and there was no way to just go to the menu and stop it from loading. I also found a setting on manybooks.net where you can click the link and get an ipod-optimized view of the site which lets you browse it the same way you browse Stanza's on-line catalogue. That facility, coupled with ow slow Stanza is and how it crashes from time to time finally pushed me into the 'don't need it, adds no functionality eReader doesn't have' camp. I can read new releases from Fictionwise and read public domain books from Manybooks, and browse them just as prettily. What else could I ask for? Sorry, Stanza! Work out the bugs and run a little smoother, and we'll talk.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote