View Single Post
Old 10-17-2013, 12:51 PM   #10
bfisher
Wizard
bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Galaxy (Aldiko, Kobo app)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike L View Post
I can't quote any specific instances off the top of my head, but some of Ed McBain's 87th Precinct novels start with a description of the weather. But that's because the weather is often a central theme. The story is often about a police investigation that proceeds against a background of swelteringly hot weather, or incessant rain, or freezing cold, or something similar.

Mike
Thanks. It's been decades since I read an 87th Precinct novel. I think the last one I read was Fuzz or Shotgun. Probably time to dig them out for a re-read.
bfisher is offline   Reply With Quote