View Single Post
Old 10-03-2008, 10:05 PM   #38
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Nick, I thought I would tell you that I tried BD one more time. After 2 hours, BD puked and reported that it couldn't convert the file. Sorry. I have no ideas except perhaps to look for another public domain dictionary that's smaller.
As if I needed another reason NOT to use BD...

I used Mobipocket Creator to produce a 29MB .prc using standard compression and it looked good. I replaced my footer TOC with a simple inline TOC as the first page. I then tried high compression but it was taking too long (almost two hours). I aborted it since it took over my machine and I need to use my computer. I'll try again with a better TOC structure.

Alas, I don't have any hardware device to test it.

I haven't tried calibre yet; but will do so when I'm done with the new TOC.

Oh, btw, I've used this dictionary (about 25MB) on my REB1200 reader and EBW1150 reader without problems. And they say my hardware is obsolete... : pfff :

Last edited by nrapallo; 10-03-2008 at 10:08 PM.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote