View Single Post
Old 09-29-2013, 12:25 PM   #12
Plumadona
Groupie
Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle HD6, Kindle PW2, Sony PRS-T1, Nook NE1
Thanks for confirming what I hoped was not true - Sony is the only ereader that supports direct library downloads. I've always believed that one of their biggest marketing mistakes was not highlighting that fact. I think many more people would have been interested, particularly older folks who don't have or want tech skills, just an easy compact reader. Several of my friends, young and old, have seen my T-1 and marvelled at the ease of use. Seems to me if Sony didn't want to do a full-scale T-3 U.S. launch, it would have taken little or no effort to just sell them online and/or in Sony stores. With better marketing, who knows. But I digress.

I've sent an inquiry to Sony as to whether they would honor a warranty for a T-3 bought in Canada, but again, you're right. As long as there's no problems coming out of the box, it's not likely a warranty will do any good anyway. I'm planning a trip to Canada next summer, so I guess that's when I'll get a new reader. At any rate, I'll post the answer here, if I get one.

Plumadona
Plumadona is offline   Reply With Quote