View Single Post
Old 09-28-2013, 12:46 PM   #4
Kaitou Ace
Zealot
Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I switched from Sony T1 to the Aura (well first to the Glo, but I can't really recommend that one, I had issues with it). If the T3 had come out with a light, I would have gotten it. Instead I went with the Aura.

As far as Calibre goes, it works pretty much the same as the Sony did, down to letting Calibre manage collections. I have two tag columns, one for my library, and one for the Sony reader collections, that same column is now being used for the kobo.

I haven't encountered any bugs in the software - I don't think most people who have issues have any actual bugs in it, it's more that some screens have pinpricks of light visible when the frontlight is active. I've been lucky in that regard.

Dictionary wise, the Sony was a bit better, with nicer etymology, but the English-English in the kobo is fine. For translation dictionaries, I have French - English, German - English, Italian - English, Spanish - English and Portuguese - English installed. I've only really used the French and Spanish ones, and they seem to work fine. I preferred the Sony ones by a small margin, but it's not enough of a disparity to matter to me.

So far, I am pretty happy with the device, and don't mind answering questions on it.
Kaitou Ace is offline   Reply With Quote