View Single Post
Old 10-01-2008, 12:42 PM   #31
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by smp_iliad View Post
My experience with Iliad tells me that it doesn't make sense to compare the device to laptops or tablet pc. Though iLiad and 1000sw does support wifi, the internet access is too unreliable and slow. I think 1000sw will not change that because eInk is not responsive enough for a convient browsing or emailing.

Still, iLiad and RD1000 will serve me for a single purpose: to read lots of long technical papers and books. I think that should be THE reason to buy this expensive device. Otherwise, you will be disappointed.
I did not say I wanted a browser. I listed 3 specific document handling activities that I want. I can perform those activities on a laptop without the need for the DR1000. I cannot perform them on the DR 1000 without a computer. This is a shortcoming, in my opinion.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote