View Single Post
Old 09-11-2013, 10:09 AM   #5
banjomike
Addict
banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505,DSlibris,nook Glow & Simple & HD+,Tab S2,Moon+,Kobo Clara
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1988 View Post
Why?? That would be a waste of money. Most people don't even hold onto their devices for more than a year, two years tops. If they do its for backup. Not to mention the fact that there will be plenty of spare charger cables for the nook tablets on ebay and elsewhere for awhile.
I think we are talking about different devices. I mean the Nook tablets. I don't see them getting replaced after a year. I don't see many devices getting replaced after a year unless there is a damned good reason to upgrade. Even then, I want a spare cable. No cable, no charge, no device. Fairly basic. As to the cables, they are hard to find in the UK. The 30 pin connector means that no cheapo supplier, even Dealextreme, has bothered with them. I've only ever seen one on ebay in the UK, they certainly don't turn up very often. Nook UK sell the cable with a charger for £10 (they come from Utrecht in Holland, via UPS) but if the company is in trouble they might become even more difficult to source. Hence my remark that this is a good time to buy one. The HD+ is superb to use, but the cable is a pain.
banjomike is offline   Reply With Quote