View Single Post
Old 09-08-2013, 05:30 AM   #215
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
You are probably correct that it was available to buy fairly quickly after the official launch, but there weren't any demo models to have a play with for quite a few weeks. I tried 3 different shops at the time, from what I remember, 2 didn't really know what I was asking about (they knew they had Kobo readers but didn't realise there was a new model), in the third shop the lady I spoke to was far more helpful, said they'd been promised a couple of Glo demo models but a week after the Kobo had been launched, she still didn't know when they would get them. Hopefully they'll be a little more organised this time. Though as I plan to wait until the Paperwhite is available too, I'd imagine Waterstones and Tesco will be the same as WH Smith, not guaranteed to get demo models straight away.

As for whether Kobo ship from within the UK, I've no idea? I've no doubt they will have some kind of distribution base in either the UK or mainland Europe. Perhaps someone who pre-ordered a Glo in the UK might know how soon they got theirs?
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote