View Single Post
Old 09-04-2013, 10:08 AM   #12
Mort1997
Wizard
Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony various , Voyage, Oasis, K3, K4T,Nook Glow+Kobo Aura/H2O/One
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwlester View Post
The biggest downside is their proprietary DRM. That doesn't apply to a handful of publishers (such as Tor and Baen) who sell DRM free books, but for books purchased from B&N containing DRM, you can read them only on a nook device or app (unless you strip the DRM).
Added fun for the UK is that you can't download your file from the UK site (as you can for the US site) so if you wanted to read it on another e-reader you are stuck. Unless the book is available in the US and then you can access via your US account. I have a couple of books I can't keep in my Calibre library because of this. So now I check the availability on the US site before I buy.