View Single Post
Old 08-05-2013, 11:28 PM   #1
hamisertvurdu
hamisertvurdu has much to be proud ofhamisertvurdu has much to be proud ofhamisertvurdu has much to be proud ofhamisertvurdu has much to be proud ofhamisertvurdu has much to be proud ofhamisertvurdu has much to be proud ofhamisertvurdu has much to be proud ofhamisertvurdu has much to be proud ofhamisertvurdu has much to be proud ofhamisertvurdu has much to be proud ofhamisertvurdu has much to be proud of

Device: none
Question Kindle DX on sale for $239. Still worth it?

Hey all,

I recently realized that Kindle DX is on sale at Amazon for just $239. Is it worth buying it at this price? I am looking for your advices.

I know its technology is pretty old and there seems to be no update in the future. But I am looking for an e-ink reader with large screen to read academic PDFs. As I know, Sony will release an 13.3 inch reader next year but I think they will set a price around $400-$500, which seems a bit expensive for me. Should I wait for Sony (maybe its price would be lower than I expected) or buy a Kindle DX? I am also thinking about buying 10 inch tablet but I wonder whether tablets are better than e-ink readers to read PDF files for couple of hours without eye strain.

I don't have any device (neither tablet nor reader) and would appreciate your help.

Last edited by Alexander Turcic; 08-06-2013 at 06:11 AM. Reason: moved to frontpage
hamisertvurdu is offline   Reply With Quote