View Single Post
Old 07-28-2013, 09:49 AM   #11
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
The reason that I went to the B&N yesterday was to buy my sister a nook HD+ with 32G for her birthday. I warned her that B&N was getting out the Nook business, but she prefers the nook to the kindle or iPad.

I had the member card for years and it certainly paid for itself over the years. I stopped renewing it a couple of years ago. For a while, I would go to B&N to see what new books were in (one of my biggest gripe about ebook stores is how hard it is to wade through what new books have come in since the last time I checked. It really shouldn't be that hard), look for books that aren't in ebook format (mostly history) and check the blu-ray DVD's. Heck, I even made the effort of checking the B&N ebook store first if I saw a book that I wanted. Unfortunately, at the time, the B&N ebook store rarely had the book, while Amazon did. The bottom line is that content is king.

Personally, it was the switch to higher margin products and less in store books that got me to stop going to the B&N on a regular basis. When their history selection got cut to a quarter of what they use to carry, it just wasn't worth bothering with anymore.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote