View Single Post
Old 07-20-2013, 06:40 AM   #33
Mathew Reuther
SpecFic Writer
Mathew Reuther can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Mathew Reuther can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Mathew Reuther can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Mathew Reuther can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Mathew Reuther can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Mathew Reuther can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Mathew Reuther can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Mathew Reuther can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Mathew Reuther can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Mathew Reuther can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Mathew Reuther can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire, Nook, HTC One M8
A Step 6 mobi has two directories and one zip file in the root. The two directories are (afaik) what is ready by the reader. The mobi8 directory is what the kf8 viewers look at. Inside that directory, there is a fonts folder. That folder is empty.

But in answer to your question, no, the fonts are not inside of the kindlegen source zip either. I hadn't looked there, but in the step 6 file, they're absent.

So if I generate a file on my local machine and I look inside the mobi8 or the zip file, the font files exist where they should, in the fonts directory.

This is no longer true after upload and reacquisition of the file via KDP.
Mathew Reuther is offline   Reply With Quote