View Single Post
Old 07-19-2013, 01:52 PM   #9
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
But it can run - and indeed, includes for free - a full version of Microsoft Office. There's an awful lot of people out there for whom a device which can run Word and Excel, plus web browsing and email, will be all that they need.
FULL version of office? Color me skeptical.

Anyway, I don't understand trying to do real work on these little tablets. But then, I don't even want to do real work on a laptop! I need a real keyboard and real mouse and large monitors.

Problems with RT: unspectacular specs (no hi def screen) and small number of apps. Supposedly they have 10000 apps at launch compared to the hundreds of thousands on android and iOS (keep in mind 95% of them will be junk).

That said, if they drop the price to $99, I'll pick one up
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote