View Single Post
Old 07-14-2013, 08:25 PM   #27
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWriter View Post
I don't have any issue with Rowling writing under a pseudonym, but the fabricated, misleading author biography does rub me the wrong way:
Books today are just about always published with an author bio blurb. If left out, it's obvious the author has something to hide. As a result, it is impossible in today's world for a successful author to write under a pseudonym without fabricating the bio.

If you allow that, the question then becomes whether telling the truth is more important than the advantages of using a pseudonym, such as knowing your reviews are unbiased by your reputation. I say that the misleading bio squib hurt no one, and is among the most innocent and forgivable of misleading statements.
SteveEisenberg is online now   Reply With Quote