View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 03:02 AM   #115
steppe
Enthusiast
steppe began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 NT (broke), Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cathytas View Post
I'm a Mac user and new to this. Do I just drag the macro onto my desktop? Where does it work from? Very nervous about altering Word and then not able to delete it.
Unpack the .zip file that you downloaded from the first post in this thread. Launch Microsoft Word, hold down the "Option" key and press the "F11" key. The Visual Basic window will appear. In the left-hand panel, click the "Normal" project, then click the menu "File" of the Visual Basic window and select "Import file." Navigate to Toxaris's .bas file, select it, and press "OK." Close the Visual Basic window. Open your document in Word, select the "View" ribbon, and click the "Macros" button. In the dialog window, select "Transform_HTML" and press "Run." Click either "No" or "Cancel" when presented with various questions, except for the last question "Save HTML?" where you have to select "Yes."

If your version of Word doesn't have the "ribbon interface" (Word 2008 for Mac or older), then you can download a free 30-day trial of the latest Microsoft Office. The macro works fine in the latest Word for PC.
steppe is offline   Reply With Quote