View Single Post
Old 06-10-2013, 12:55 PM   #1
Kindle Noob
Kindle Noob began at the beginning.

Device: k4nt
K4NT Registration / reginfo hack

Hi all! Long time lurker, first time poster. I'm hoping that you all can answer a few simple questions.I recently bought a new kindle K4NT. I am NOT interested in registering it with amazon. Ever. I took it out of the box and put it on airplane mode. Done. I use it to read books and thats it.

I see many options for older kindle versions that allow me to use collections without registering, such as updating the reginfo with bogus info etc to trick the kindle into activating all of its features. But nothing that seems to work with the K4NT.

Yes, I am aware that I could register it, jailbreak it, root it, change screen savers etc...but it seems like a lot of work when all I want to do is use collections and read books.

So here is my question: How do I use collections without the one-time registration process with amazon on a K4NT v 4.1.0?

If I jailbreak it without it being registered, will this activate the collections feature?

P.S. No it is not stolen, no it was not "found," no I'm not building a bomb. I'm just plain crazy and hate being profiled and monitored by corporations.

Thank you for your help

Thank you for any advice you may have.
Kindle Noob is offline   Reply With Quote