View Single Post
Old 06-07-2013, 10:58 AM   #8
Uschiekid
Tenrec
Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDK View Post
Which version are you upgrading from? After the soft-reset did the update apply correctly?

Thanks,
I was upgrading from 2.5.2

It wouldn't apply correctly until I removed my external SD card, then did the soft reset. Then it applied perfectly. Then I put in my SD card and it froze for a very short time, maybe 30 seconds (no message regarding SD card), and then went back to functioning normally, with the SD card's books showing.

Edit: actually, it might have worked on a soft reset if I'd waited 3 or 4 minutes. After the first very long freeze, I was less patient on the soft resets. but the first one I waited quite a long time before trying anything.

However I think there may be an issue when starting up from off, that it treats the SD card as new books every time ...I've described it in post #14 below.

Last edited by Uschiekid; 06-07-2013 at 12:26 PM.
Uschiekid is offline   Reply With Quote