View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013, 11:55 AM   #65
geekspertise
geekspertise has met Morla.geekspertise has met Morla.geekspertise has met Morla.geekspertise has met Morla.geekspertise has met Morla.geekspertise has met Morla.geekspertise has met Morla.geekspertise has met Morla.geekspertise has met Morla.geekspertise has met Morla.geekspertise has met Morla.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Odd. I returned a Kobo Touch and had no problems. Took all of 4 days from when I contacted customer service to having the new Touch in my hot little hands and was popping the old Touch into the box for shipping back to Kobo. I could have exchanged it locally but for the minor detail of owning it for 6 months before it decided to display only the top half of the display.
Unfortunately for those of us in the U.S., we are at the mercy of both Kobo's abysmal Customer Service, and the combination of Canada Post and the USPS. If Kobo can even get a replacement unit sent to you with the right address on the shipping label, Canada Post and USPS both have tracking information that is not consistently reliable.

Currently there are no brick-and-mortar establishments selling the Aura HD, and since it is a "limited edition" it is unlikely that any will pick it up. You can buy one through third-party sellers on Amazon, but the origin point is still most likely outside of the U.S., which means more hinky shipping issues. I find it curious that Kobo sells their devices through Staples in Canada (and possibly in the UK), but not in the U.S.
geekspertise is offline   Reply With Quote