View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 12:46 PM   #49
RHWright
Addict
RHWright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RHWright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RHWright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RHWright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RHWright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RHWright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RHWright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RHWright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RHWright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RHWright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RHWright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NOOK ST, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yapyap View Post

If it's an author suggesting a book they have written in a thread specifically asking for recommendations, and if the author makes it clear they're the author (not "a big fan of this brand new book that was just released"), and if the book fits the request, and if it's done in a venue where it's not prohibited, I think it's perfectly okay.
^^This. Totally this.

I've seen far too many over-eager authors recommend their own books for specific requests that they don't fit.

"Hi. I'm looking for a really good murder mystery set in Victorian London suitable for an older person what doesn't like books with much sex or violence."

"Try me near-future dystopia. It's full of action and gore, but is softened with a passionate love story that leaves no intimate detail unrecounted. They'll love it!"

No. Stop that.

Otherwise, I'm fine with reasonable self-promotion.
RHWright is offline   Reply With Quote