View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 01:49 PM   #10
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by medwatt View Post
Here is it. Please verify it for me. I'm not using anything fancy apart from the psedu-classes.
Is it possible that the coolreader does not support css completely ?
It is very possible, a lot of readers don't support everything that is required in the spec. Pseudo elements (at least the :first-letter and :first-line) are required and SHOULD be supported. The newer readers/apps are doing much better.

Are you making this for the public (commercial) or for your own private use??
If its for private use, then I would keep using the pseudo elements and just use a reader that supports it. If you are using an iPad I would recommend the Marvin app.
If it's for public use then you will definitely want to use the span technique mentioned above.

Cheers,
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote