View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 08:55 AM   #7
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Sorry, I didn't make myself clear. I completely understand why Amazon offer a book free for a single day. I was responding to Greg's comment that he might wish to make his book free for 100 days. That probably wouldn't be a good idea at all from Amazon's perspective.
So, you may think that, but they have been doing it for a very large number of ebooks for a very long time. They are currently king of the Ebook market (at least USA) and making a killing doing just that. There are thousands of free ebooks on Amazon. Many of them are not worth even that much, but I have found some great gems that way.

All I can say is it is working for them, and for me since I am one of those ebooks that has been free for years with them.

It is just the ebook version of the standard loss leader, IMO.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote