View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 02:22 AM   #3
avantman42
Wizard
avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg Bell View Post
Does anybody have any experience what it's like to get Amazon to list their book for free outside the KDP Select (and only 5 free days)? It seems all I hear about is KDP Select KDP Select KDP Select. But if "free" is good for an ebook, then why only 5 days free? It just doesn't make sense to me. Why not I deciding how long it should be free: one day, 100 days, or whatever. And I'm not impressed with KDP Select's 'compensated borrowing' program either. Thanks for any feedback on this.
There is no guaranteed way of getting an ebook listed for free on Amazon. If it's listed elsewhere for free, Amazon might match the price, and it might stay at free, or they might put it back up.

Why aren't you impressed with the free borrowing part of KDP Select? I put one book in Select recently as an experiment, and I got roughly the same for borrows as I did for sales. The only thing I don't like about Select is the exclusivity requirement.
avantman42 is offline   Reply With Quote