View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 06:55 PM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaufman View Post
I am a longtime Kindle user who is waiting for the arrival of his Aura HD.

When sideloading, is there any advantage to putting books into subdirectories? Does content on the SD card get categorized differently then content in internal memory?

Thanks.
There is no real difference in the way that the Kobo treats books in subdirectories as compared to dumping all ebooks into a single directory or the root of the directory.

My personal preference is to keep each author in their own subdirectory but then I do a lot of editing in Sigil and then manually sideloading the ebooks.

Content on an uSD card is treated slightly differently from content in main memory. Early firmware versions generated all the thumbnails in the main memory, later firmware generated them on the fly to reduce space use and the newest firmware generates them on the fly and caches them in a directory on the uSD card itself. For the most part, this type of behaviour is transparent to the user and Calibre will now put generated book covers into the correct locations as needed by the firmware version.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote