View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 07:51 AM   #13
QuantumIguana
Philosopher
QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2 gen, Kindle Fire 1st Gen, Kindle Touch
If the e-book costs more than the paper book, I'm probably not going to buy either the paper book or the e-book, but instead buy an entirely different book. It costs less to produce an e-book than a paper book. It's not a lot less, the industry claims it is about 10% less. So I don't expect the e-book to be a lot less, I just expect it not to be more than paper book.

Quote:
It's time to move past the knee-jerk comparison of electronic to print. You're fighting a war that was lost before you found out there even was a war. Woosah.
It's not a knee-jerk comparison. The war isn't "lost": most e-books are cheaper than their paper counterpart. It seems that people in general are unwilling to pay more for an e-book than for the paper book.

Last edited by QuantumIguana; 04-29-2013 at 07:56 AM.
QuantumIguana is offline   Reply With Quote