Thread: KOBO Rocks!!!
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 07:13 PM   #208
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
Thanks. That last picture shows about 50 characters per line, but only 24 lines of text. I assume the font is larger than I use on my Kindle PW. It displays (with the particular book I'm reading now) 28 lines, and 48 characters per line, but that book defines many different font sizes, one for each part of the book. One that doesn't, and just leaves everything at default (apart from the chapter headings and copyright page maybe), displays 30 lines and 51 characters.

The length of a line in many books is between 60 and 70 characters per line. LaTeX, a much used typesetting system, uses a default of 67 characters per line. I like that line length a lot. The Kindle can do it, but then the fonts become too small for me.

This may be an odd request, but.... could you please try this?

- Set the smallest margins possible.
- Set the line height to the smallest settings.
- Set the font size to such a size that the number of characters per line becomes around 67. (Anything in between 60 and 70 would do, but 67 would be the perfect target.)
Take a look at the attached photo in message #201 of this thread. It's from an eBook I posted using Charis SIL with a 92.5% of the default size with a line height of 1.01 and margins set to 0.

About 80-90 characters per line with 51 lines.

Last edited by JSWolf; 04-25-2013 at 07:18 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote