Thread: KOBO Rocks!!!
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 04:25 PM   #201
jiminrussell
JimInRussell
jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.

Device: kobo Aura One, Forma, Elipsa, Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I do have widows and orphans both set to 0 in the body CSS style. Could this be another case of lets ignore it in the body style?

In the v1 sample, there is just 1 line left of the paragraph. It would have easily fit on the screen.

I'll try putting the widows and orphans in the p style and post v1 again for another sample look.
Should have included a picture of the next page without the chapter header as well for V1, the top line is a bit too close to the top of the screen for my likely but everyone's preferences are different. There are also the odd spot where the characters on one line look to touch characters on another line with the line spacing set so low, but doesn't happen that much and doesn't make it difficult to read.

Edit : I went through the whole book and there is one place where you end up with just three lines on a page (p. 25) not sure those three lines could fit on the previous page if widows 0 and orphans 0 settings were working as expected, there is one other place where there are just 4 lines on the page (p. 97) they for sure would not fit on the previous page unless they went over top of the page numbers at the bottom. so at most I think you might save one page turn in the whole book, not sure it would be worth the effort.

The page numbering is also a bit strange, going from page 6 to page 9 and then page 11 etc. There is no page 7, 8 or 10.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	War of the Worlds v1 page 2.JPG
Views:	312
Size:	165.6 KB
ID:	104964  

Last edited by jiminrussell; 04-25-2013 at 05:03 PM.
jiminrussell is offline   Reply With Quote