View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013, 12:42 AM   #27
Fourl29
Connoisseur
Fourl29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fourl29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fourl29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fourl29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fourl29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fourl29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fourl29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fourl29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fourl29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fourl29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fourl29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@guma, excellent post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I've seen the PW in person. With the light at it's lowest, the contrast is poor. The light has issues given how many have color blotches. As for the touchscreen, it's not the best. Best software, no it's not.
ok, let's get a few things straight here:

a. With the light at it's lowest the contrast is as good as any eink screen of this generation. Nothing against amazon there. With a light at any other setting amazon has the best contrast and the closest to paper in screen qualityof any device on the market.

b. The light does not have any issues whatsoever. Unless of course you have performed a product survey and would like to provide us with the results. The teething problems amazon had with the first month's batch of devices where quickly sorted out. Anyone can verify this with the latest reviews on the site. And it was never an issue anyway because amazon has a great customer service that you can keep sending kindles back until you had a good one. It does a huge disservice to other users who are looking to make up their minds to perpetuate this myth.

c. Touchscreen. I agree it's not the best, it's by far the best. It's a proper capacitive touch screen, not infrared, with fully integrated pinch to zoom, double tap to zoom features. It's extremely responsive and it makes for the easiest selection and highlighting of text out of any devices. Anyone can check a side by side video of kobo and kindle doing text selection. If in your opinion of course it's not the best, you are welcome to tell us which eink device has the best touch screen.

d. Yes it is the best software, by far. Again you might want to tell us which ereader you think has the best software. I 've had zero bugs since day one, seamless upgrades, cloud syncing of my notes, easy send to kindle over the air from my browser and my computer, great cloud, a fast browser with minimal hick ups, etc. etc. ... It's not just the best software on an eink reader, it's far and away the best software on an eink reader.

Please don't confuse people here and get them to buy mickey mouse devices instead from mickey mouse companies. Kindle is second to none, and making a good effort close behind them is the nook, all the rest (sony, sadly included too, and I say sadly because it's hard to watch them drop the ball what with their potential), are lagging quite some way behind, and especially so the kobo, which is a laughing stock in terms of software development.

Every other day I 've been using my kindle for the past few months, I 've been saying to myself, boy am I glad I finally bought an eink device I can really use and not debug instead, boy am I glad I didn't listen to some of these guys and didn't buy the kobo instead.

Last edited by Fourl29; 04-21-2013 at 12:49 AM.
Fourl29 is offline   Reply With Quote