View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 11:23 PM   #35922
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
ok, so my "maybe" funny story...

when I started in Real Estate I took some marketing courses as everything I havve done professionally and academically has nothing to do with selling. one of things we are encouraged to do is market to our "audience" and you need to identify what/who they are. prime candidates are things like church and golfing. my "church" is typically the puppy park and my "golf" is skiing (even though that is kind of on hold due to injuries). Anyway, I started organizing dog activities... "yappy hour, yappy howl-o-ween, yappy new year, mutt strutt, and so on). it has helped me become "known" in the community. I've also gotten pretty involved in the community, serving on several chamber committees, and working (REALLY HARD!) on/with our equivalent of a "main street association", attempting to bring our little town back from obsolescence and revitalizing it. I got them to make my "mutt strutt" (think of easter bonnet parade for dogs) which ties the opening of the farmer's market for the season with all of the downtown merchants by having the dog teams go on a scavenger hunt through the market and participating merchants, ending at a little cafe for awards, networking and fun, an "official" function.
sooooo... there's a realtor at another brokerage that is pretty successful, and also used to do the community involvement. ( I need to back up and point out that I work for a really small brokerage, we are only on the Peninsula, and there are only 6 of our offices, this other broker works for one of the "nationals".) anyway, all of a sudden he showed up at one of the Chamber lunches last month, which made me grumble, and then he showed up at one of our main street meetings. it was the meeting 2 weeks before my "mutt strutt" and I was pushing it. He picked up my flyer and said "Hey! this is a REALLY good idea for getting people downtown! I'll put it up on the door of our Brokerage!" I bit the sides of my cheeks and said thanks! then! the week before the event he stopped me on Brokers Tour (that's when we see all the new houses on the market) and told me (with enthusiasm!) that his brokerage thought it was SUCH a good idea that they put it in their newsletter to all of their clients!!!!

ok, so keep in mind, that this is my marketing concept to meet and interact with possibly new clients, being marketed FOR me by one of the big National Firms....

funny?
did you have to be there?
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote