Thread: Silliness Quiz
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 12:52 PM   #11517
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
I too was under the impression that snakes laid eggs. The fact that some give live births what does that tell us about their evolution? Are they in fact two different species?
They share a common ancestor, like we do with chimps and bonobos, but are indeed separate species.

Speaking of evolution, check out this striking example of convergent evolution. Emerald tree boas found in the New World. Green tree pythons are an entirely separate Old World species. Outside of the fact that one gives birth to live baby snakes and the other lays eggs, can you tell the difference? They evolved on different continents to fill the same niche in nature.

I'm putting the thumbnails in a spoiler tag because some folks are disturbed by even photos of these remarkable animals. Click on either image to enlarge.

Spoiler:
Click image for larger version

Name:	Emerald-Boa.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	959.6 KB
ID:	103955 Click image for larger version

Name:	green_tree_python_by_basticelis-d56me9z.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	689.8 KB
ID:	103956
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote