View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 11:09 AM   #55
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by usuallee View Post
You're totally right of course. Obviously selling out to Amazon would be more lucrative, if that's what they were after. Not that I blame them - if had started GR, and Amazon slid a scrap of paper across the table, as it were, that had a number with a lot of zeros after it, I'd probably sell out too. It is disappointing though.

I think LibraryThing is partially owned by Amazon or one of its subsidiaries, please correct me if I'm wrong.
LibraryThing is funded partially by Abebooks, which Amazon purchased. So, sort of.

Here is LibraryThing's response to Amazon buying GR:

http://www.librarything.com/topic/152033
BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote