View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013, 11:05 AM   #5
edwdecarlo
Enthusiast
edwdecarlo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX,Nexus 10,Fire HD
Thank you everyone for your input/help.

I do have an external hard drive which holds my library, but it is not a network drive, it is connected to my laptop via USB and is not shared. I was not viewing the book, or editing the cover.

I have had my library on the external drive for quite a bit of time and had not had this issue in the past. The issue is intermittent, and eventually after 2 or 3 repetitive tries it is able to accept my change (move/rename the book files) without me having to exit Calibre or reboot.

I did receive a driver upgrade for USB 3.0 recently, so perhaps that is interfering with the Microsoft file locking detection at times.

I am also removing my Calibre dirs from the Win 7 file Indexing to see if this is the issue. Perhaps some Windows update has affected the Indexing and locking on external drives (in the past Windows has assumed C and D to be physical drives and E or higher to be network drives which require a higher level of security/monitoring, and my external drive maps to E). I'll post the results once Windows finished the file Index rebuild.

Thanks again.
edwdecarlo is offline   Reply With Quote