View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 04:50 PM   #211
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolosus View Post
ixtab! You are the man!

As I mentioned, 3g was working earlier in the day but after using Kubrick 3g stopped working.

So now the question is, since I'm kinda a newbie to this, how/what do I change on this thing? I'm not a newbie at all. I've been using linux for years but when it comes to this particular case I'm totally lost on what to do. I can SSH into the kindle, no problem. I'm not scared of the command line, I just like the experience/know how.

Any help/pointers in the right direction would be appreciated. I may just need some dummying down of some of the stuff on the other thread. Thanks.
Well then - it's pretty straightforward: Install usbnetwork, SSH in, mntroot rw, and use vi to edit the files. If you've never used it, the most complicated part is probably vi

Alternatively, just scp the files to the computer and edit them there.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote