View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 11:14 AM   #188
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkus View Post
I do know a bit about what's going on internally, obviously not up for discussion, but what I can say is that one of Kobo's motto's is about Kobo speed, and how we strive to do things at an incredible pace, and part of that means serious amounts of work, and things that are not absolutely critical to that tend to fall slightly by the wayside, to the point of not being able to say even that.
Translation: Getting new tech out the door is more important than making existing customers happy with their purchases, and more important than convincing potential customers that a Kobo is what they want.

It's not a bad thing for a tech company to be focused more on tech than on consumer reactions. It's annoying when they volunteer to address consumer reactions and then vanish, but it's not like anyone's confused when it happens.

Quote:
I'm certainly going to be somewhat quiet for the next few weeks, as there are a few things coming to a head that will need my strict attention, and so anything outside of that, and my family, will simply have to wait.
Ooh, nice dodge!

That's not sarcasm; as a veteran of internet flamewars, that's one of the smoothest "I don't have time for this drama" exits I've ever seen.

AFAIK, nobody's actively angry at Kobo over this thread. We're just... watching. We understand that BB forums aren't everyone's forte, and if someone doesn't click with the communication style here, they're not going to stick around to answer questions, much less just converse. We know that the constraints of not telling anyone about future developments can be a hassle to work around. We know that employees don't want to say anything that can be taken as "I guarantee this will fix your problem," and they don't want to say "we decided that problem wasn't worth fixing."

Doing PR on a forum that does extensive critiques is hard. If Mobileread isn't worth Kobo's effort to walk that tightrope, we will understand.

And critique the decision. Because that's what we do here.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote