View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 07:10 PM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Looks like a lot of transitioning towards ePub 3 while leaving the existing ePub 2 features in place for maximum backward compatibility.

You don't have to change the way you do covers, the old way will work fine (method 2). Method 1 is based on an ePub3 OPF file.

Quote:
What is a "logical TOC"?
That's the NCX file in ePub2. Nothing has changed there as far as I can see. And an EPUB Navigation Document in ePub 3. The Navigation Document has the advantage of being a Logical ToC and an HTML ToC all in one.

Quote:
I don't understand 3.4 "landmarks nav Elements Guidelines" at all. What are they for? Do you have to use them?
Landmark nav elements (ePub 3) are similar to the guide items in an ePub 2 NCX file.

It looks to me like Kindlegen v2.8 is accepting ePub3 as input (or at least XHTML with an ePub 3 OPF), but you're obviously not required to do so.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote