View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 07:40 AM   #58
patrickt
Wizard
patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4 X 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ereaders View Post
I am planning to buy an ereader within this week.
Looked at Kobo, Kindle and Sony.
I went to a retail store today and spoke with the Sales/Tech. He told me that nearly all of his customers used ereader would give him the same feedback.
"They only last for about a year. after the first year either the battery or the display performance will drop."
If this is true then I will buy the cheapest model that I can get in the market.
Buy another one once my first one die.
Do you agree?
I didn't buy my Kindle for the device any more than I bought my computer because it's a lovely machine. I bought my ereader based on the availability of books I want to read in English when I'm living in Mexico. I bought my computer for the programs I wanted to run.

I chose to go with Kindle and my second Kindle worked until I loaned it to a friend to go trekking in Nepal. The bag with the Kindle in an outside pocket got dropped a long way and it broke. My Kindle DX was my first Kindle but the size was a problem so I gave it to a nephew who reads a lot of .pdf files. It's still working fine. My Kindle Basic works fine and, of course, my new Kindle Paperwhite works great.

I have had no regrets.
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote