Thread: Glo Glo Battery Problems
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 03:22 AM   #85
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily7 View Post
My Glo was at "please charge" today. Now doing a charge cycle as instructed. Calibration or not, needing charging after sleeping for 3 days just isn't right to me... I still think there's an issue.

I'll come back to this thread after doing a few more cycles.
I agree. Doesn't seem good at all. I wish we knew what was going on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechniSol View Post
I'm sure I'm not the only one noticing the commonality of three days from the post above... Significant? Can we assume that was from a full charge?

Mrs Often, I only meant to indicate that while we're all talking about the same device, two or more things which are "the same" may also be different. I'm not saying the difference is necessarily significant, but we have so little concrete information regarding the inner workings that we must make the distinction.
Ah okay. Indeed then!

Quote:
Will you roll back and update wirelessly or are you sticking with the sideloaded firmware? Might be worth it since SameerH noted it can make a difference.
Ah yes good idea. Not that I think that it would help, as the same battery nonsense occurred in 2.3.1 and 2.3.2... So I doubt it's specific to a 'wrong' 2.4.0, but you never know. I'll give it a try after a few cycles.

Quote:
I'm at just under 45.5 hours from the charger, with ~5 hours reading lighting on lowest, and still at 99%. I'm beginning to think I've dodged a bullet this time, but we'll see. Let's hope. Good luck to the rest of you.
Thanks!

Last edited by Mrs_Often; 02-25-2013 at 03:27 AM.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote