View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 03:30 PM   #1158
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivakuska View Post
I burned this image on DVD but when i'm restarting the PC he wont BOOT. But I charged this image in VMWARE and it's started. Can I try to debrick my kindle in Vmware?
Thx
In short: no, not really. You would have to "re-wire" all the physical device modes to be passed through to VMWare. It's not impossible, but it's (probably) about the same effort as doing everything in Windows.

But what do you mean by "wont BOOT"? This is a standard bootable ISO, so it should boot on all compatibe devices. What error did you get?

And ... please, pretty please, tell me that you didn't just burn a data DVD containing the "kubrick.iso" file as its only content....

What do you see (in Windows, I assume) when you insert the CD/DVD? Do you see a single file called "kubrick.iso", or do you see a directory structure including "boot", "images", etc.?
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote