View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 09:23 PM   #884
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
Discussed earlier in this thread. A few pages back, Kris gave us the choice: a feature-reduced iPhone version soon, or a full-featured iPhone version later. Opinions seem divided as to which is the better approach. My guess would be, we could see an iPhone for Marvin version in 2 or 3 months from today.

By the way, I moved to iOS 6.1 on the iPhone yesterday after all. Originally wanted to stay on iOS 5, because of Stanza, until Marvin for iPhone comes out. I made the move because of the new Mailbox app. Mailbox looks like it could accomplish for emails, what Marvin accomplishes for ebooks -- Apple's default Mail app being as lame as iBooks. The funny thing is, I now need to wait in a line of three quarters of a million users, before the app can even be launched on the iPhone. I suppose that will take a month or so -- a unique iOS experience, for sure. But just to be able to download the app, I had to upgrade to iOS 6.

Now, here's what's amazing about Stanza on iOS 6.1 on the iPhone: as a dead app, it's even more crippled here than on iOS 5, of course. Only 1 out of 4 settings buttons is available -- trying to press another button makes Stanza freeze/crash. But: the very same book whose screenshots I posted earlier in post #774 of this thread, displays 100% fine in Stanza on the iPhone with iOS 6.1! The screen content is pushed back up again on the screen, as it should be, so no more cut-off lines at the bottom. I suppose this confirms Kris's theory that the occasional "cut-off lines at bottom" issues are a WebKit/iOS bug, instead of an e-reader bug.

It's weird how changes of OS versions can affect a dead app that hasn't been developed for years. Most of the effects on Stanza have been negative but here, miraculously, an OS upgrade "fixed" the display of a book in Stanza.

Last edited by Faterson; 02-14-2013 at 09:38 PM.