View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 11:46 AM   #118
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Some 3D progress here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
My point, though, is that it typically takes 5-10 years for something like this to go from the research lab to the consumer. Honestly, I'm afraid you're being wildly optimistic in expecting anything to appear in stores in the next year, or even the next few years, but let's wait and see.
See this link:

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/1...er-than-normal

"A group of Korean scientists, working at the Ulsan National Institute of Science and Technology (UNIST), have developed a fast-charge lithium-ion battery that can be recharged 30 to 120 times faster than conventional li-ion batteries. The team believes it can build a battery pack for electric vehicles that can be fully charged in less than a minute."

Of course, that's for cars - not Kindles. I can see car manufacturers jumping on that one if those Korean scientists can deliver a production model.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote