View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 10:34 PM   #9
Pulpmeister
Wizard
Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
One thing to bear in mind is that creating your own ebook from a printed book is very time consuming. Now, I am retired, but I do casual wedding limousine driving (R-R and Bentley, thank you very much!; no stretch Hummers for me!) as a sort of income producing hobby, and get around $40 AU an hour.

I converted one of my own books, and it took many days, as it had something like 100 illustrations, each one of which had to be scanned, cleaned, retouched, resized etc.

If I had been out driving all the hours it took me to convert the book, I would have made something like 1,000 AUD or more. That's a hell of an expensive ebook when the paper book sold of around $20. So you have to ask yourself, is it better just to buy the ones you really want? And then only convert those which are, for some reason, unavailable in digital format yet.

Assuming a minimum of 4 hours labour per book (and if it is a text book with lots of graphs, charts etc, it will be much, much more), multiply by the number of books, and you will see why you should think hard about buying. Easier to make the dough and buy, than do it yourself.
Pulpmeister is offline   Reply With Quote