View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 04:09 PM   #19
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravensknight View Post
Well, considering that the OP SPECIFICALLY asked for buttons, I thought my comment was completely on target.

Just because it has a touchscreen doesn't mean everyone will use it. Some of us like buttons. I am one of those people, and apparently so is the OP.
The OP specifically asked for ePub and yet I see recommendations for a Kindle.

I have read a lot of posts about people saying they don't like fingerprints. But the only experience they've had has been with an LCD screen that is a fingerprint magnet. They not experienced a Pearl eInk screen and how little it collects fingerprints. So when most say they want buttons, the reasoning is usually faulty.

But as far as buttons go, the T2 is the best choice (that I know of) as it also handles ePub. The only other options is to wait and see what Sony brings out for the next model. But there's no guarantee it will have buttons for page turns. I was looking at the I62HD and it's a nice reader, but it has no page turn buttons. Really, either you go with old tech (if available) or no buttons. Unless Sony's next reader has buttons, good luck with buttons.

But one thing that can be used instead of buttons is a stylus. Even a Q-Tip will work with an IR touch screen. So if your hands are greasy with hand cream, you can use your Q-Tip to turn the page.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote