Thread: Touch .kepub.epub
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 04:08 PM   #66
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
Sorry Joel, I stopped using your plugin as it did nothing at all - but perhaps i did something wrong?

Just to be sure of the steps, I disabled the original driver and enabled yours, but it just did nothing to my epubs - I'll be glad to test it for you on my mini, though could you please confirm whether it is correct to disable the standard Kobo driver plugin and enable yours?

For info, at the moment I am using andrei's "modified epub" plugin to add the "wraps" around the heading and paragraph tabs - but I get the following error message:

but perhaps this is not what you meant?
Actually that error report is helpful even though it's not my plugin. That means your book has badly-encoded files. I pushed a fix to my plugin hoping to address that very issue so maybe my plugin would work better for you now.

It is not necessary (and not tested) to disable davidfor's plugin with mine installed. Calibre properly detects that my plugin takes precedence. You do have to go into the plugin configuration and make sure to set the options appropriately though. The default set, although quite safe, doesn't do much at all. I'm not sure if it actually matters, but my preference would be to leave the existing driver enabled even with my plugin installed.
jgoguen is offline   Reply With Quote