View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 07:14 PM   #10
nickredding
onlinenewsreader.net
nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, IPad3, iPhone4, Playbook, HTC Inspire
Try this revised recipe

It seems the K3 is unstable with some large (> 10MB) files. There is no obvious reason why some large files are OK and others are not.

In the case of the Victoria Times Colonist it looks like the stability threshold is 10 MB. I have attached a revised recipe that omits the images from the download in the case where the output profile is set to Kindle (K1-K3 and Kindle Touch), Kindle DX or Kindle PaperWhite. My guess is these e-ink readers have a lot less memory than the Kindle Fire and hence the issues with large files.

The alternative, if you want the images, is to reduce the number of sections. In the recipe you can remove sections from section_list and set kindle_omit_images = True. I have found my K3 can handle about a dozen sections with images but YMMV.

Note this only applies when your output profile is set to an e-ink Kindle. For all other output profiles the recipe will include images regardless of the value of kindle_omit_images.
Attached Files
File Type: zip vic_times.zip (3.1 KB, 167 views)
nickredding is offline   Reply With Quote