View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 11:06 AM   #364
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by abrizz View Post
I just tried your font Katsunami. It looks great! Thanks for sharing.
I assume you tried DejaVu Serif Fat. Thanks for trying As Caecilia is about perfect for me (apart from the fact that I don't really like its looks), I've tried to make DejaVu Serif as fat as Caecilia is. They already have the same size. So, they become interchangeable not gaining or loosing lines on the same screen, apart from a few words maybe.

Wasn't Caecilia the name of the designer's wife? I read that somewhere a few days ago. Therefore maby he doesn't like us speaking about "thin", "fat", "weight" and "sharing" with regard to this font

Hehe. If I'd make a fat version of DejaVu Sans, it would actually be called DejaVu Sans Fat, and be fatter than the original, exactly opposite to what the name says

Quote:
Originally Posted by grant.ben08 View Post
Update:
I just looked at DejaVu Serif online and I think it looks like a pretty good book font. I wish it was available on my iPhone but all I see is DejaVu Sans which isn't as neat.
Can't you just add the font to the iPhone?

If you want it for the Kindle and like thin fonts (Goodfish certainly is thin), then you could use the default version. If you would like to try a version as fat as Caecilia, then try mine from some posts higher up

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Does anyone know if KindlePreviewer is good enough to show the fonts correctly in Kindle PW mode?
IMHO, judging a font on a screen with different DPI does not really work well. On my laptop (98 dpi) and especially desktop computer (89 dpi) screens, fonts look much fatter than on the Kindle itself, which has 216 dpi. That's logical, as the pixels on the computer monitors are larger.

Therefore I don't expect fonts such as DejaVu Serif Fat to work well on older e-readers; the font might be too fat there.

Last edited by Katsunami; 01-31-2013 at 11:11 AM.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote