Thread: MobileRead February 2013 Book Club Vote
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 06:38 PM   #140
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I think if we do a banned book month it should be in September to coincide with Banned Books Week.
Sounds like a marvellous idea! Should we include those that were subject to zealous attempts at banning whether or not those attempts were successful?

Someone posted this list for me at GoodReads and I was gob-smacked at how many fantastic books were on it.

http://www.listsofbests.com/list/33-...s-of-1990-2000

Judy Blume, Katherine Patterson, Margaret Atwood, Daniel Keyes, Madeleine L'Engle, Robert Cormier, Roald Dahl (I'm serious - he's on there) ... the list goes on.

Of course most of these are young adult because most protests probably come from parents of students in reaction to either books read in class or available in the library. But still, there's some great books in that list.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote