View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 06:07 AM   #21
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
I have an idea that might work out here. It would also satisfy some long-running enhancement requests.

I think I can make calibre use a custom icon image for specific values in the column, probably by using the column's coloring specification. If the color is "something.png" (but without the quotes) instead of a color name, then when calibre sees the corresponding value it would use the image instead of the value.

You would put the file "something.png" into yourCalibreConfigFolder/resources/images, the same place that custom toolbar icons go. If calibre cannot find the image then it would display the text.

These custom icons would be displayed only on calibre's spreadsheet. They would not be displayed in the content server, book details, or other places that display values.

Is this a change that would interest people?
I like it. As I read this thread, I was thinking that a nice exclamation mark icon would look good instead of the character. And I like the way you are doing it. Really, all you are doing is expanding the type of object being named.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote